COLUMBIA SCHOOL DISTRICT UNIT #4
TRANSPORTATION DEPARTMENTPatricia Robles, Director of Transportation618-281-6555Office Hours: 6:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. during school yearPlease be at your bus stop FIVE (5) MINUTES before the designated pick-up time.
- Provide at all times for the safety and welfare of students.
- Obey traffic laws and driving regulations.
- Follow the regular route and time schedule as rigidly as conditions permit.
- Report infractions of bus rules to the Transportation Director.
- Seating is assigned by bus driver in consultation with Building Principals.
STUDENTS' AND PARENTS' RESPONSIBILITIES:
WHILE ON THE BUS, STUDENTS' SHALL OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING RULES:
- Be at the bus stop and ready to board the bus at the proper time.
- Board and leave the bus at assigned bus stops.
- Parents are to provide a signed note to the teacher AND bus driver if their child will be riding a different bus or getting off at a different location.
- Parents are to provide NOTES if a non-bus rider will be riding home with their child.
- Be careful walking to the school bus stop; wait until the bus is at a complete stop before attempting to enter the bus.
- Line-up quietly on the sidewalk or designated area. Keep off private property and conduct yourself in a safe manner while waiting on the bus.
WHEN I LEAVE THE BUS I WILL:
- Obey the bus driver. The bus is an extension of the classroom, observe classroom conduct.
- Remain seated at all times until the bus comes to a complete stop.
- Avoid all unnecessary noise. No profane language.
- Never stick hands, arms or any part of the body out of the windows or doors.
- Never touch or tamper with the bus or any of the bus equipment.
- No fighting, hitting or horseplay.
- Never throw anything out of the window.
- Remain silent at railroad crossings.
- No eating or drinking on the bus. (Bottled water will be allowed)
- No trading cards of any kind will be permitted.
TRANSPORTATION IS A PRIVILEGE. FOR THE SAFETY & WELFARE OF EVERYONE RIDING, THIS PRIVILEGE MUST NOT BE ABUSED.DISCIPLINE PROCEDURES:AFTER THE DRIVER HAS GIVEN REPEATED VERBAL WARNINGS AND CONFERRED WITH THE TRANSPORTATION DIRECTOR:
- Be careful leaving the bus and go directly to my house.
- When crossing in front of the bus I will look and wait for the proper signal from the driver, and then cross 10 feet in front of the bus looking both ways to make sure all traffic is stopped. I will not cross behind the bus as this is very dangerous.
- I will get off only at the stop that is assigned to me.
- A written report will be turned in to the Transportation Office and a copy sent to the Building Principal. Student discipline (including student removal from the bus) may result.
- Based upon severity of the student infraction, a written report may be submitted to the Building Principal on first offense.